LILAC Spring Training: Up Your Game!
Practical Innovations Beyond Traditional Information Literacy
Friday, June 8th, 2018 | 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
CUNY Central | 205 East 42nd Street Room 818
The LILAC Spring Training is an afternoon filled with presentation pitches, a facilitated group activity, and more. Presentations, discussions, and workshops of various lengths will be divided into three tracks. During the first session, all participants will have the opportunity to sign up for an individual track after learning more from each presenter about their session.
RSVP is required by June 1st due to building security.
Space is limited.
Light Refreshments will be provided.
- Using Google Docs and WordPress for Communication and Instruction
Sarah Johnson and Mason Brown, Hunter College
- Encouraging Student Engagement in the Library Classroom with PollEverywhere
Emma Antobam-Ntekudzi, Bronx Community College
- Not teaching OneSearch is No Longer an Option
Marta Bladek and Maureen Richards, John Jay College
- Using OneSearch: Librarians Need to Stop Worrying, Our Students Like It
Anne O’Reilly, LaGuardia Community College
- Strategies for Embedded Information Literacy Instruction for English Language Learners
Clara Y. Tran, Stony Brook University, and Selrnsy Aytac, Long Island University
- Dis/Information Nation: Voter Personas and Dis/Information Literacy in the 2016 Election and Beyond
Iris Finkel, Hunter College and Lydia Willoughby, SUNY New Paltz
- Navigating between Trust and Doubt on the Internet
Linda Miles and Haruko Yamauchi, Eugenio Maria de Hostos Community College
- Understanding Fake News by Teaching with the Game Factitious
Sharell L. Walker, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- What Do You Meme it’s Not Credible? Using Memes to Counter Misleading Information
Christina Boyle, College of Staten Island
The Library Information Literacy Advisory Committee, LILAC, is the Library Discipline Council of the City University of New York. All librarians inside and outside of CUNY are welcome to attend the Spring Training.
LILAC Spring Training Committee:
Shawn(ta) Smith-Cruz, co-chair
Daisy Domínguez, co-chair