On Friday, June 16, 2017, LILAC held its fourth annual spring event, Spring Training, at the Guttman Community College Library, from 1-4pm. The training featured four concurrent workshops by librarians from around the New York metro area. This website serves to document the event.
The sessions were as follows. Click the links below to be taken to a more detailed description of each breakout session.
Improvisational Role Play: Negotiating with Classroom Faculty
Haruko Yamauchi and Linda Miles, Hostos Community College
Sarah Ward and Stephanie Margolin, Hunter College
Deep Listening in the Library
Robert Farrell, Lehman College
What librarians and journalists can learn from each other about adapting to change and meeting communities’ needs
Barbara Gray, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism
Academic Library Makerspace; do we need it?
Galina Letnikova, LaGuardia Community College
LILAC spring event planning committee:
- Marta Bladek (John Jay College)
- Robin Brown (Borough of Manhattan Community College)
- Robert Farrell (Lehman College)
- Julia Furay (Kingsborough Community College)
- Neera Mohess (Queensborough Community College)
- Amy Stempler (College of Staten Island)
- Galina Letnikova (LaGuardia Community College)