On Friday, May 15, 2015, LILAC held its annual spring event, “Spring Training: Stellar Ideas for the Library Classroom,” at City College of New York. The event ran from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and featured workshops and discussion groups on topics led by a number of CUNY librarians. This website serves to document the event.
The sessions were as follows. Click the links below to be taken to a more detailed description of each breakout session.
- Embedding Instruction: A Conversation on Strategies — Iris Finkel, Hunter College
- Implementing ACRL’s New IL Framework: Practical Directions for Threshold Concepts — Moderated by Robert Farrell, Lehman College
- Information Literacy in a OneSearch Environment: A Discussion — Helen Georgas, Brooklyn College
- Start Where You Are: Contemplative Practices for Teaching and Learning — Jean Amaral, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Educational Games: Developing a Rubric for Evaluating IL Games — Galina Leitnikova, LaGuardia Community College and Miriam Laskin, Hostos Community College
LILAC spring event planning committee:
- Amrita Dhawan (City College)
- Robert Farrell (Lehman College)
- Julia Furay (Kingsborough Community College)
- Meagan Lacy (Guttman Community College)
- Amy Stempler (College of Staten Island)
Finally, we love feedback! Please let us know your thoughts via this survey.Your comments will help in determining the format and content of next year’s spring event. Thanks for participating.