On Friday, June 10, 2016, LILAC held its annual spring event, Spring Training, at the Hunter College Library, from 1-4pm. The theme for this year’s event was “Meeting Students Where They Are” and featured four concurrent workshops by librarians from around the New York metro area. This website serves to document the event.
The sessions were as follows. Click the links below to be taken to a more detailed description of each breakout session.
- Creating Assessments from your Learning Goals
Jesus Sanabria, Librarian, Bronx Community College
Julia Pollack, Librarian, Bronx Community College
- Teaching Information Literacy with Wikipedia
Chanitra Bishop, Web & Digital Initiatives Librarian, Hunter College
- Accessibility and Information Literacy
Adina Mulliken, Social Work Librarian, Hunter College
- Reference as a site for social justice: A discussion on possibilities and practicalities
Kate Adler, Co-Director of Library Services/Senior Reference Librarian, Metropolitan College of New York
Ian Beilin, Humanities Research Services Librarian, Columbia University
Eamon Tewell, Reference & Instruction Librarian, Long Island University Brooklyn
LILAC spring event planning committee:
- Robin Brown (Borough of Manhattan Community College)
- Diane Dimartino (CUNY OLS)
- Daisy Dominguez (City College)
- Robert Farrell (Lehman College)
- Julia Furay (Kingsborough Community College)
- Stephanie Margolin (Hunter College)
- Amy Stempler (College of Staten Island)
Finally, we love feedback! Please let us know your thoughts via this survey.Your comments will help in determining the format and content of next year’s spring event. Thanks for participating.